Homeownership is at the heart of what we commonly refer to as the ?American Dream?. And while renting may seem like the sensible decision in the short term; a study completed by Eric Belsky- the Managing Director of the Joint Center of Housing Studies at Harvard University- delves into how and why, buying can provide substantial financial benefits.
The highlights of the top 5 reasons to buy are listed below; to read a more detailed breakdown of each, click the link here.
- Housing is typically the one leveraged investment available
- You’re paying for housing whether you own or rent
- Owning is usually a form of ?forced savings?
- There are substantial tax benefits to owning
- Owning is a hedge against inflation