How?s your etiquette? Sorry, we?re not talking about drinking a cup of tea with your pinkie finger extended. Today we?re going to talk about etiquette that every home seller should know.
Following are some helpful hints courtesy of our friends at realtor.com:
- Leave ? and take your pets with you. You hired a Realtor to represent you in this transaction, so leave the property and let the professionals handle the visitors who come to your open house. And for as much as you may love your furry or feathered friend, there are some people out there who just don?t like to be around animals. And as long as you?re leaving, move your car to make any guest visits more convenient.
- Visitors to open house events like to ask a lot of questions about utilities bills, inspection reports, home warranties, etc. Therefore, locate any important paperwork prior to the open house and leave it with your Realtor.
- Help your guests feel at home by leaving out some chilled bottles of water. Small treats like freshly baked cookies or mints are also a big hit.
- Feel free to ask your Realtor for feedback, but be patient. Oftentimes the people who view your house need time to process what they?ve seen and decide whether or not to make an offer.
- Be willing to negotiate. We all want top dollar, but unless you receive multiple offers you might have to be open to negotiation. Your Realtor can provide you with strategy and advice.
So now that you know some etiquette every home seller should know, you can put your property on the market with confidence. For more information or assistance, please contact The Olear Team today!