If you?re in the real estate marketplace as a buyer or seller, it only makes sense to work with an experienced Realtor who is an expert on properties in your community. A recent article on Realtor.com gave some advice on finding a real estate agent, and we thought we?d share some of the highlights from that article with you today.
First, did you know that there are more than two million individuals nationwide that have a license to sell real estate? Following are some tips to help you find the right one for your situation:
- Ask friends and family members who have already gone through the process if they could recommend a Realtor.
- Attend local open house events to see if you connect with any of the real estate agents on duty.
Once you?ve found someone that you feel you could work with, here are some questions to ask that might help seal the deal:
- What services do you offer, and do you work with both buyers and sellers?
- What experience do you have in my neighborhood?
- How long are homes in my neighborhood typically on the market?
- What factors would you consider when determining a fair market price for my home?
- What tools will you use to market my home?
- What is the fee for your services?
Once your home has been listed by your Realtor?
- Your Realtor should immediately begin to market your home using the methods you?ve discussed.
- Be sure your Realtor knows how you wish to communicate: phone, email, text, etc.?
- You should expect nothing less than professionalism! Remember, the real estate agent is serving as your advocate during this transaction.
Finally, don?t be afraid to ask questions throughout the process of buying or selling. Your Realtor should be more than happy to provide answers based on his or her knowledge of the industry and first-hand experience.