Want to increase the resale value of your home? Of course you do! Following are some tips from the Consumer Reports National Research Center and forbes.com that should help you achieve your goal.
- Declutter your home: Do all the work necessary to make your property look good, not through expensive changes but through excellent staging. In a nutshell, that means clearing out your clutter and keeping up on repairs and home maintenance.
- Keep it clean: The basic rule of thumb here is if it?s dirty, it won?t sell. Cleanliness pays off!
- Enhance curb appeal: First impressions matter. If you want people to stop in and not just drive by, clean up that messy yard, plant some flowers and make any necessary outdoor repairs.
- Details, details: Don?t forget the little things, like washing your windows, replacing burned out lightbulbs and removing or minimizing personal photographs.?
- ?Concentrate on kitchen and bath: When selling a home, the kitchen and bathrooms are the most important rooms to wannabe buyers. If a remodel is not in your budget, a fresh coat of neutral paint will go a long way.
- Picture perfect: Make sure you?re using excellent photographs to showcase your home online and in print. In fact, consider hiring ? or at least consulting with ? a professional photographer.