Start Up New York will help add 146 jobs to Buffalo, according to sources in Albany. The project aims to draw businesses to areas of New York that are looking for growth, and entices business owners by bringing them to tax-free areas. Five businesses have made the promise to move to Buffalo:
1. Simply Natural Clothing: organic clothing store to be located at Canisius’ Women’s Business Center
2. GradFly: online platform for Engineering students to share projects to be located at Buffalo Niagara Medical Center
3. ID Federator: tool to help users manage online identity and passwords
4. Illuminating Diagnostics: a biotech startup that will provide rapid diagnostic tests to hospitals, to be located in the Biosciences Incubator
5. Nuenz: startup that will make high tech ceramics used in aerospace, automotive, defense, energy, and industrial markets.