If you?re selling your home, you want it to look its best for potential buyers. With a few easy tips, anyone can become an overnight interior designer. Following are some interior design tips to increase home resale value.
- Make a memorable first impression. You can do this by cleaning up the yard, cutting the lawn, trimming the bushes, replacing burned out lightbulbs, etc.. It?s common sense, not rocket science. Remember that you only have one opportunity to make a good first impression.
- Renovate your kitchen and bathroom. Give cabinets a facelift with new hardware, add shiny new towel racks, replace your old laundry hamper and clean everything! These two rooms should sparkle.
- Fix your floors. Can they be salvaged with a good cleaning by a professional carpet and floor cleaner? If not, consider replacing the flooring or carpeting with something fresh and new.
- Paint the walls. Neutral colors are always a safe bet. Anything too bold or bright might require a buyer of a certain taste, which could limit your ability to get top dollar.
- Remove popcorn ceilings. This once popular household feature is now showing its age. Remove the stucco and repaint for a fresh and modern look.
- Fine tune your furnishings. The last thing you want is for your home to appear cluttered and busy with too much furniture. It?s always a good idea to choose quality over quantity.
Paging through recent architectural and design magazines and publications is a good way to keep up on current interior design tips to increase home resale value. The professionals at The Olear Team are always eager to help as well. Give us a call today!