Finding an experienced Realtor to help you sell a home is possible, but it may require a little work on your part. Here are some tips for picking the right real estate agent to assist you, courtesy of Bankrate.com.
- Talk to recent clients. Ask potential agents for a list of properties they?ve sold in the past year, along with contact information for the home sellers. Of course, you?ll want to compare real estate transactions that are similar to yours in terms of price, location, etc. Also be sure to ask how long the Realtor?s previous listings stayed on the market.
- Do a license check. It?s good practice to check with your state?s Realtor regulatory body to ensure that an agent is licensed or to see if there have been any disciplinary actions or complaints filed.
- Go with a winner. Look for agents who have received awards and honors such as ?Realtor of the Year.? Even better if the award comes from his or her peers.
- Check the credentials. Some Realtors have received additional training in specialized categories. For example, CRS after a name stands for Certified Residential Specialist, while ABR means Accredited Buyer?s Representative and SRES equals Seniors Real Estate Specialist.
- Ask about experience. The more experience on the job, the better! Look for an agent who demonstrates a knowledge of your area and homes in your price range.
- Review current listings. Conduct an internet search to closely examine an agent?s current listings. Are they similar to yours? Does the Realtor have enough listings to indicate a healthy business approach?
- Pick their brain. Be sure to ask potential agents about other houses for sale in your neighborhood, as well as houses that have recently sold. A good agent show know quite a bit about other properties.